Skip to content
- The first recorded mention of a group (Loughborough Colleges Rover Scout Crew) who attended the Intervarsity summer rally.
- Representatives of Loughborough students attend the Intervarsity rallies, despite not having university status.
- The group either folded or joined the newly formed Intercollegiate.
- Loughborough College of Advanced Technology acquires university status as Loughborough University of Technology (Technology dropped in 1996)
- SSAGO is formed through the merger of two existing organisations.
- The club organises the first SSAGO autumn rally at Shelthorpe School.
- Club awarded the autumn rally but withdraw after failing to find a venue
- The club is revived re-registering with SSAGO in 1978.
- The university merged with the PE college.
- The club organises the Lufbra 1982 Summer rally at the Oaks in Charnwood.
- The clubs mascot “Scogui Bear” was created for the rally by Elizabeth Neat
1983 or 1984
- The club folds and remains dormant for two or three years.
- For the second time the club is revived and has continued to this day.
- Scogui jointly runs the autumn rally with Nottingham at Walesby Forest. It is believed that the attendance of 235 was a record for a SSAGO rally.
- Scogui runs their first rally since 1982. The Noahs arks rally was the last of twentieth century.
- Scogui wins the SSAGO Challenge Plate (Gaddaffy Duck Challenge) for the first time at the summer rally.
- Scogui runs the SSAGO Spring Rally, once again at the Oaks in Charnwood.
- Constitution replaced in favour of new Code of Conduct in line with Student Union policy.
- Scogui runs the “Down Under” SSAGO Spring Rally at the Oaks in Charnwood. 256 SSAGO members attend, making it one of the largest turnouts on record.
- SCOGUI hosts the annual SSAGO Ball in Loughborough
- Scogui wins the SSAGO Challenge Plate (Gaddaffy Duck Challenge) at the November Silly Hat Rally in London
- SCOGUI hosts the Summer ‘Inflatable’ Rally
- The club celebrated its 60th birthday, by inviting as many past members who could be contacted to celebrate at an Annual Dinner. 60 members, past and present, attended this celebration which was held at the Radisson Hotel in Loughborough.
- The Club hosts the November ‘Puzzle’ Rally. 209 SSAGO members attended this Rally
- The club celebrated its 70th birthday by holding an activity day and family camp at the Oaks Campsite.